Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, June 7, 2014

My Teaching Philosophy - by Duren

I have always loved to learn.  I want to create an environment where students can gain a passion for learning in whatever capacity they choose.  I want to teach my students general life skills mixed with analytical thinking that will help them succeed in the real world.  I am going to allow my students the freedom to think for themselves and arrive at various answers in whatever means necessary.  I plan on teaching History and PE.  I think it is absolutely crucial for students to learn from the past and be able to analyze what has happened so they can understand why the world functions the way it does today.  I am also going to teach PE.  I have always loves sport and exercise.  I pride myself on being physically fit and living a healthy lifestyle.  I feel that it is necessary that I teach my students how important physical activity is and the important role it plays in their lives.  Most importantly, I want my students to gain a love of knowledge.  Life is a never-ending learning opportunity.  Therefore, I want my students to gain a passion for knowledge and gain the skills they need to live a happy and productive life.  
--Duren

No comments:

Post a Comment